1.31.2007

18th Birthday's, Petco's looking up, and we need a new facility

Good afternoon! I am in a much better mood today than the past couple, and I did notice a full moon last night. I should really watch that! Still no word back (not expecting to hear until this evening) on Buster's blood-work. He is such a cutie though! I just got a call from Petco, we are getting in two rats that some woman dropped off as punishment to her daughter and she said they haven't been fed in 4 days. I'm hoping Julie can foster them. Below is a link to the web-site with the info on the Fitchburg Bunnies, we are taking in one male NZW he is in the first picture after the text:

http://www.rabbitnetwork.org/fitchburg.shtml

It's busy enough here, but we are out to help, we are on a mission, and we are out to meet as many people as possible, someone out there might be able to help with a facility down the road. Someone with enough love for bunnies in their hearts that have the financial backing may be out there just looking for a Non-Profit Organization to help with a hefty tax-write off! We have a possible 5 more adoptions pending right now, so keep your fingers crossed. I got up at 5:30 and was at Staples H.S. this morning decorating the building with pictures and "Happy 18th Birthday Alexa and Nicole" signs by 6 a.m. Ali and Nic are two girls I use to nanny for starting at age 3! Ali has helped with very many animal parties and both are huge animal lovers. I was at work by 7am and then went home, made my rounds and I went back to see Ali & Nic around lunch time with balloons and we will have dinner together this evening at Circle Diner. I medicated all the buns needing it this morning, put some extra food in for the very rapidly growing babies, and signed on line to see a new 40 e-mails from yesterday. Busy, busy, busy. Next week I think I'll just go driving or maybe when Jet and Gigi come to stay, just go all over God's creation to hang up bunny adoption signs. Sounds good to me, and Harry Potter will be, of course, in the CD player! I'll be looking at getting a big decal for the back of the Pathfinder as well. We need more advertising. I think we are now in the beginning stages of getting back into Petco, Norwalk again. They are under new management and the new manager seems pleasant on the phone! Ivan, the head-tilt NZW, will be coming on Friday. I am going to end my blog here today saying that I am in a much better place today than yesterday, I have been on the phone with the Stratford Library for ink cartridges, the CT HS Newington shelter both help with transport of the 23 rabbits looking for homes and to offer up our services to teach a rabbit educational seminar for employees and volunteers, and online with HRN about getting the NZW boy from the Fitchburg bunnies next weekend. Now I'm going to head out to Friendly's, wait for Dr. Pieper to call (and Linda to translate!) and settle down for a semi-quiet evening at home.

Good Night :o)

No comments: