1.12.2007

The Swan, The Rabbits and a Cockatiel, oh my!

Well, all in all a good day. I got up, took Baby Gray and Cotton to be spayed, all went well, and they will go back to their new home in New Jersey, I went and picked up the Swan that was clear on broken bones and its blood test and seemed to be quite active. I won't even get into deep detail over its release, but I carried it down to the pond and released it back to where it came from, getting covered in poop in the mean time. Everyone told me to play lotto today (bird poop on you is suppose to be good luck) but alas, I forgot to get a ticket... My favorite Deli Guy Joe is leaving this week, so hopefully the new person will continue to save the newspapers for me... I did get to go out with a couple of friends shopping around for a couple of hours, so that was nice, but I was so overwhelmed with this past week, I totally forgot about taking my two nephews out shopping today, disappointing one of them, and I feel so badly about it! I'm going to go tomorrow and take them after dropping Ebony and Kate at the Hollow to go to their new home, picking up 3 ferrets from one woman, a chin from Linda, another ferret from the H.S. and meeting with Kelly Cruz who will take them all to a new home including the Beardie and 2 Blue Tongue Skinks. My back is aching, so I am going to go lay on a heating pad for a while, and please, please don't think I am saying "poor me" as I truly enjoy what I do! Stormy is now eating and pooping up a storm and Billy of the bathroom has started venturing off into our bedroom to hide under the bed. He is just so wonderful with his litter box and he is really coming out of his shell. Chris has said I will keep him, but I am insisting that I am not, he is just here for attention. Bubba is healing so nicely, and is such a rambunctious little 2 pounder. We are still waiting for his former owner to pay the $80.75 bill for his vet visit and meds. Shaylah's babies all have their eyes opened now and are popping around the cage like crazy and Tinkerbell's babies are doing great too. Bay is settling in very nicely, and Steve is thumping like a mad-man. My cockatiel Jack looks a lot better, but still on the thin side, I have tried introducing eggs, veggies and fruit juices to them this week. They are enjoying the different textures and colors of their new table foods. Christine who adopted Scrappy (the chinchilla with the very wounded eye) is thoroughly enjoying him and introducing her bunnies to him. It's been a long, but very good week. Night to all!

No comments: