1.09.2007

Stormy and poop all over the bathroom!

We totally took for granted how marvelous Billy is with his litter box. I knew Kate was like the rest of her brood, leaving pee-puddles around the other animal cages to mark their spots, so I moved Billy into the guest room for the night and put Ebony and Kate (who look great together and seem to be getting along ok so far) in the bathroom. They were terrible last night with the litter box! I woke up to Chris saying - WOW- not a good Wow but more of a Holy Crap WOW! There was poop EVERYWHERE smeared on my bathroom floor! Maybe too much space at once? Well, when I get home from work (where the beasts are with me now) I will be trying them out in a cage in the kitchen. Thank God I didn't put them in the guest room!

On a lighter note, we got many donations in from Bay's family (well, she was living in their yard so it's kind of her family!) of Vinegar, stuffed animals, baby wipes, raisins, and just a ton of wonderful things we can use (1/2 a jug of change as well!). Michelle Malone has just offered us a $50 Target Gift Certificate which I will go and buy Paper Towels and Garbage Bags with - OK, yes, we get excited over garbage bags and paper towels! You try living with 30 rabbits! Also, the woman (Mary I believe) who called about Stormy called back to check on him today and asked for our mailing address so she and her Grandparents could make a donation. (Thank you!) She was amazed at how fast I caught Stormy, but I honestly think he was just tired of life and ready for something, anything, to happen.

My dogs Sheffie and Major did great with their vet appointments, though Major shows some signs of his pads being soft, even after constant running on the beach, and some kind of allergy thing going on so I have to make sure his feet get washed off or wiped off when we get back from the beach, and JD had some blood-work done to see if the liver disease has led to diabetes. We really, really appreciate all that Dr. Pieper does for our whole brood!

Ebony and Kate have moved into a cage together tonight, and Billy Bunny has moved back into our bathroom. He is actually sitting behind me now on the top couch cushions as I write this. He is a wonderful rabbit looking for a wonderful home. Ali and I were thinking tonight that we need to do a "Bunny of the Bathroom" page and start bringing in any rabbit showing any cage depression signs to live here in our bathroom to be socialized before adoption. I will e-mail Jim, our wonderful web-page designer, about it to see if he can make it happen. We are happy to see Billy blooming, and hope to do the same for Parsley and then Oreo afterwards. They are wonderful rabbits that really need the attention.

Please, keep those Cell Phones and Ink Cartridges coming (Thanks again for the drop off last week Christine!) and asking around your children's schools or your offices for them. They will do us good.

No comments: