1.27.2007

Hop A Long Meeting, Buster, Ali likes the blog

Well, we had our HALH meeting last night, it was fun! More of a dinner party, thanks to Linda and Harvey providing a beautiful sit down dinner for the 10 of us that were there. Michele brought a salad and Harvey made a beautiful chicken parm and pasta dinner with garlic bread that had pesto and melted cheese (I'm drooling now thinking of it, a little habit I picked up from the dogs!) and a delicious cake with homemade whip-cream frosting and blueberries! Yeah, now I'm hungry! Anyhow, it was fun!

Yesterday morning when I got up the 3 tiny runts were deceased as I suspected they would be, and this morning the older bunny (eyes still not opened) that was flinching all over yesterday had also passed away. There are four more surviving, one which is either the runt of this litter or the older one from the other litter, but I'm not sure if this one will survive. I am praying for the baby to make it, but know what will be will be. From my best guess, I am thinking the brown bunny was probably pregnant with two litters and with the contractions from delivery she delivered both litters at the same time, and all the preemies have passed away a long with one that was just born very unhealthy. It is very sad, but it is what was going to happen no matter what I did to help. Baby bunnies are so very, very fragile. Hopefully neither is pregnant again, but if they are, this will be their last pregnancies as we will have them altered after their "grace" period is done and we can then put them up for adoption.

"Buster" was dropped off today from his owner of 4 years that is being deployed. I did something really dumb by saying Chris was away when the kitty was meowing and that she was missing her daddy. I need to be more careful when people come over, I'm too trusting. Anyhow, ½ of Busters face looks a bit swollen, I'm thinking an abscess, so he will be seeing Dr. Pieper this coming week. He had pee all over him when he came in and had really long nails. He is blind in one eye (I think?!) and it is like looking at a pearl. I think his vision isn't the greatest in the other eye either. I was brushing him out after washing him and he started freaking out. He ran around the living room, jumped over Major (our Shepard) and ran into the bathroom, freaking Parsley (bathroom bunny) out, and she ran out. She was next to the dog who was still in the hallway laying down, both of them looking at me like "what the?" Other than all this, it's been a pretty uneventful past couple of days. Julie Durante still has not paid the bill for Bubba coming in, so we are going to black-list her to all the other rescues since we got word that after dropping him off in the condition she did, she is now possibly looking for another rabbit. No words can describe how I feel about this. Ali came by tonight and helped me stuff paper tubes for the bunnies with hay and raisins we got from Bay's "family." It was really nice, and she said she missed me being on line the past couple of days because she likes to read the blog. That made me feel really good, so this one is for you Ali! She also brought over meds for Cleopatra. Cleo has been diagnosed as having pneumonia now. She is more than likely going to be on Penicillin injections every three days for the rest of her life for the chronic symptoms she has had since coming in to the shelter. I hope it will help, she is such a sweet and beautiful lop. We had no hope for the longest time that bunnies such as Cleo, Willow, and Buttercup would ever be adopted out due to injections, but hey, Buttercup went to a home with a kitty that has diabetes and gets insulin shots every day, and a bunny with a shot a couple of times a week was no problem for them, so they adopted Buttercup (GREAT PEOPLE!) and she has given us hope that there are other families out there that are willing to take on bunnies such as these guys as well. I guess there's not too much more to say. Acorn seems to being getting along with his antibiotics, Stormy's eye is looking great, and Juliet's sneezing is calming down again after the Zythromyacin.

Ok, Goodnight!

No comments: