1.07.2007

The Arrival of Bubba

Thursday night a girl came by, Julie, and dropped off her bunny that she proclaimed to love so much. She works with Ali and has been pestering her for info on her bunny and finding a home for her bunny for weeks and weeks now. Because it's Ali, I went ahead and arranged drop off from this person, a twit, in my opinion, I might add. She had no true love for her rabbit. The little 2lb rabbit named "Bubba" was dropped off with severe dermatitis around his eyes, a piece of his nose hanging off, and a protruding scabbing over anus. The culprit we believe, the Christmas Tree. Ali told her repeatedly to keep her bunny away from the tree, and the girl never paid attention once, but kept complaining to Ali at work about her bunny sneezing and asking what she should do. This poor little guy was living under the tree, probably drinking the tree water, and eating the tree. He has severe contact allergies. I took him to Dr. P the next morning and he needs topicals for 2 weeks and had to have a shot of steroids to bring down the severe swelling around his nasal passages. It beats the heck out of me how that falls under the heading of "love." He is doing really well now, and I am waiting for her to take care of the $80.75 bill. She said she would cover up to $150.00 of it, but no more because she just had her car fixed, and basically since she dropped the rabbit off it was no longer her problem. She left the house without saying goodbye to me or her "beloved" bunny, and no "I'm sorry" or "thank-you" or anything. Coward.

No comments: