1.29.2007

Chris is coming home, rabbit maladies, and triple bonding


My phone has been ringing off the hook today, over 20 phone calls coming in. I gave up on answering it. I have the 9 baby bunny woman calling me to come to see the rabbits (I just can't do it) and a call into animal control for advice on that situation. I know one more of the babies is not going to make it, it's hunched up, and all I can do is keep it warm with its mom until nature takes its course. (They need a pet-sitter for their bunnies in Stratford the first week of Feb. if anyone is interested.) Chris has been away since Friday teaching Martial Arts in Texas, and he is on the CT Limo on his way home now. I miss him very much as I lay here stressed out. I'm going to try and get Buster in tomorrow to see Dr. Pieper. I'm pretty sure he has very limited sight. He walks right into the other rabbit cages trying to find his way around. I just held him tonight with tears in my eyes. I'm not so concerned about the eye-sight as I am that ½ of his face looks swollen. I don't feel good (back-ache big time) and Linda is sick as well, so maybe I'm just a little emotional. I'm aggravated with the condition so many of these bunnies have been dropped off in, Buster's eyes and possible jaw abscess, Bubba's eyes, nose and butt, Tapioca sick and pregnant, Cleopatra's ongoing respiratory issues (and she needs to have back teeth filed down now too!), Rosie's prolapsed anus and recovered broken foot, just too many to count. We have 3 follow up visits next week with Stormy getting his eye seen for what we hope will be a miraculous "No surgery needed," Bubba's recheck and Acorn for his ear infection to see if it has cleared up. I'm also more than likely adopting a bunny from Mandy at Cottontail Rabbit rescue named Ivan that has severe head tilt. They are treating as an ear-infection with Baytril, but I don't think that is enough. I think he'll do great with Cinni and Rags in the Graco play-yard with the baby bumpers up so that they can't damage them-selves. I'm actually looking forward to meeting him! I'm going to be doing a "Hopefully!" triple bonding between Jet, Gigi and Casper in the next couple of weeks. Parsley is doing great (our bathroom bunny this month) and Hermione was stretched out on the couch in our guest-room when I got home. It was a very pleasant sight to see for me, as I'm feeling a tad depressed this evening. Has the world gone mad? We have still received no payment from Julie Durante. Two of Tinkerbell's babies from her second litter (the solid black girls) were adopted out today, thank you to our Julie for helping with that adoption! I guess the good news is that my boss just told me today that they don't need me to go away with them for February break this year, so I can get all the rabbit records together in books like I have wanted to do. One binder for here with the rabbits back-grounds that are here, and one for the Hollow in Norwalk with all of their info. It will be some work, but we need it done to file away all the medical histories, etc! If anyone has any spare large binders or 8x10 individual page pockets (clear ones that go into binders) the donations would be greatly appreciated. Ok, I'm going to go finish meds, and read while I wait for my love to get home.

No comments: