3.15.2007

Pet Supplies Plus, Lefty, Smudge, Pikachu, Sasha, Busy

I have been so insanely busy that I haven't written in days. I was on the phone again with Pet Supplies Plus, here is the out come of that:


I just got off the phone with Pet Supplies Plus (small animal franchise) Westport, CT location Owner Per (pronounced Pair). Last week when I had spoken with him and he was very nice and co-operative, this week he was very ill tempered with me. They had a rabbit that died two weeks ago and I had called inquiring about it at the store. The manager Billy was very rude to me and hung up on me after I said I was going to call and speak with the vet they used to see what the diagnosis was and he left the conversation saying "Whatever." When I called him right back, he said when he said "whatever" he was talking to someone else and hung up on me because he thought we were done talking. I told him I thought he was a poor manager to deal with a complaint in this way. I called their main office and spoke with Per and we were in talks on how we could go in, sacrifice our time, and help educate the store employees about proper rabbit care and signs to watch for illness. Well, it's another week, and another rabbit has died. There were supposedly 4 that came in together and I was concerned about contagion. I called Per again today to see if we could get this rabbit education thing moving and Per was very rude to me telling me that I am taking things to personally, that there are children dying in Bridgeport because they are malnourished and why do I care about a rabbit (don't ask me where that came from, but if he really feels that way, maybe they should stop selling rabbits and start helping children!). I was very calm about it. He had also said "What do you want me to do? Give you all the rabbits?" I asked what that would solve. Like I need more rabbits in the shelter! He hung up on me after telling me to stay out of his stores and that I had no business talking to their vet. A little touchy for some reason? I was very nice (my husband was here listening the whole time). I also spoke to someone today that I shall not mention, but she can jump in if she wants, who told me that instead of taking small animals in to be euthanized that they are putting them in containers of alcohol and letting them die from breathing in the fumes. Since their phones conveniently keep hanging up on me, I guess I will approach this another way. This was their Westport CT store. The store managers names are Billy and Ray and the number at that store is 203-254-0008.

Unable to comprehend,
Brandee
___________________________________________________________________





Well, that as they say is that. The owner Per called to apologize (I had called and left a message after being hung up and apologized that I made him so upset he felt the need to hang up) and he, like the manager Billy, said he didn't hang up on me. Well, I guess at PSP they have a convenient way of having the phone drop or hang up at a particular moment in a conversation... I have contacted many organizations. This is going to be pursued. If you don't care enough to speak with people in regards to the animal care (and I was offering to help - keep in mind) then I don't feel your heart is going to be in the right place to take care of the animals.

Lefty and Smudge left for their new home today and Pikachu and Sasha leave for their new home on Monday! The trio of babies left yesterday to go to live at the Hollow in Norwalk for a while. Visit some of our videos in the video section of http://www.hopalonghollow.org/.

Did I mention how pleased we are with the Petco, Norwalk location right now? They have done a wonderful job with their store, it's just great! I really like the new manager too!

I have Susie downstairs cleaning with her mom tonight. It feels very strange to take a night off and be sitting here blogging on the computer as someone else is taking care of the rabbits, someone else who cares. Thank you Susie and Mom! Each time Susie comes, it's the sweetest thing to hear the "Ooohhhh's" coming from the basement as the bunnies run loose and she plays with them, oh, and Sus- you have a great laugh!

OK, I know that there is more, much more that I haven't written about lately, like the girl I nanny for and love that doesn't need me anymore has full-blown mononucleosis, and the girls I use to nanny for had to put their bunny to sleep last night. It's just another one of those weeks, and I know we all go through them, but today.... Wow. Smallville was good tonight though, ok Great, right? How cool would it be to find some actors or actresses that were so into helping animals that they would come and help us? Dreams...

B~

No comments: