3.09.2007

Ivan, Lorraine Warren, adoptions, Pet Supplies Plus

Hey! OMIGOSH! I spoke with the legendary Lorraine Warren tonight! I can't tell you what a high that was to me! Anyone who doesn't know the "Warrens" is so not from New England. You can visit their web-site at http://www.warrens.net/. I won't go into the reasons why we spoke, but just know that I was VERY THRILLED to speak with her and she was as nice as everyone has ever said. OK, I will be excited about speaking with her for the rest of my life!

Ivan is doing OK, still hanging in the other direction now and he HATES his ear drops, they throw him off balance when he is trying to shake them out and it is kind of sad to watch, but if the ear drops work, it will all be worth it.

We have several hopeful adoptions this weekend for possibly Butterscotch or Thistle, Indie, Parsley and a few others. They are all wonderful rabbits and wonderful sounding homes. Wish them luck!

I spoke with someone at Pet Supplies Plus today. I had a couple of phone calls regarding a sick Lionhead Rabbit and wanted to see if maybe they would let me have the rabbit to take care of. One of our supporters called and told me that the bunny was very sick last week and they were trying to "give it away" for $20. I called and questioned the manager at the Westport store today (Billy) and was told it was taken care of. I assumed this meant someone bought it or took it home and when I asked about what vet they used they told me, I said I would call that vet and see what the condition was and the manager said "whatever" and hung up on me. The vet told me that a bunny had died earlier this week. When I called back to PSP to ask why he was rude and hung up on me, he said he wasn't talking to me and that he thought our conversation was over... OK. I left a message with Nancy Jarvis, our state animal control officer, and spoke to someone at the main office. They seemed interested to please and said they would be wiling to let me come in and do a seminar type event to train them in rabbit care. OK, I know that they aren't going to stop selling rabbits any time soon (and unfortunately they are using "Fish-Mart" out of New Haven which I have seen many ill animals and pregnant animals come in from) but if we can at least help educate, I will be happy, I guess.

Petco in Norwalk has been looking amazing! We are going to enjoy working with them on rabbit adoptions. Stratford Petco (always looks clean) was a nice dealing today as I went to pick up Superworms for the Beardeds that are here until they are adopted. I really look forward to seeing what will happen in working with Petco in the future. Will keep you posted!

Brandee :o)

No comments: