2.20.2007

Rain, Rosie, Pekachu, Parsley

I can't get my e-mail to open tonight. I double click on the messages and they no-open-4-me! I'm frustrated. I don't know if I wrote about the loose bunny down the road from me that everyone at the Deli keeps telling me about. It was living in someone's yard 2 doors down from the skating rink here in Lordship. I figured it was dead due to the cold and the ice and snow. I took a chance today, and I caught her. She is a mini-Stormy, a beautiful gray girl, I named her rain, as it is raining today. YUCK! Hopefully it melts the ice and doesn't become more. I talk to so many people every day and I don't know if I blogged it or not, but I had spoken to a woman on 2nd street (or ave. whatever) over the summer due to people telling me when I found Willow she was probably a let-go from this woman. Christine had talked to her and called me and said she was letting her rabbits breed. The woman was upset when she called me (and Christine too, sorry Christine!) and said I was rude to her mom, which I WAS NOT, and that her mom was mean (imagine saying that about your own mom!) and that she probably took what I said the wrong way. She said she loves her bunnies and would never let harm come to them and offered to foster for us (yeah, OK). I had animal control go over to check things out because she actually lives right behind the house where this bunny has been. I am anxious to talk to Christine to find out what the woman's bunnies look like if she saw them. Anyhow, animal control got back to me and said that they logged the water bottles were half frozen, which is understandable in this weather, but it makes me wonder where this little gal came from. She looks in good condition, her vulva looks swollen, but I feel no babies kicking inside. I hope she hasn't given birth, but I can't see how they would have survived, she has practically been living under a car and there are no bushes or anything in either yard she has been in. She is very afraid, and I am a bit upset. Oh well, what more can I do? Everyone else is doing fine. Ivan's head is honestly so close to being straight and he has made such leaps and bounds. Margie who adopted our Buttercup was hinting at Bubblegum who was adopted a while ago. I hope that she may consider Hermione. Not only is Hermione one of the most beautiful rabbits (some kind of Seal-point that looks like a Siamese cat) but she is impeccable with her litter box too! She has a very laid back personality with other rabbits, but is still shy here, being that she is in the bedroom we practically never go in. We had a hit on Parsley too, so keep your fingers crossed. We have someone coming to see Pekachu on Thursday. I hope we can continue to get the wonderful homes we have been finding, as these babies are slowly needing to be separated. I am so, so tired this evening, it's been a long day. I cleaned out a large portion of the basement and moved all the bunnies, including our new trio of Cinni, Rags and Rosie, back to one side. I am going to try to focus more on my Photography if I can give myself some more time. JD had blood-work done today and it seems the vitamins and antibiotics he has been on have helped to bring his bad liver enzyme count down - YEAH! OK, not much more to say. Happy Birthday Chris (my husband)!

Hugs to all animal lovers!
Brandee :o)

No comments: