2.03.2007

Pet Press Article, Adoptions and Ivan

I'm sitting here with Ivan and am wondering why things work out the way they do. He has white gunk coming out of his left eye that is pretty useless right now as with the wry-neck issue this eye just stays closed. I have been opening it and trying to make him get some use out of it by following my finger around. I'm getting little to no response, but hey, I just started yesterday! As gently rock him, I hear some gas bubbles! We just got done with nibbling on some lettuce! Stormy's eye is great, Bubba's butt is better (eye still watery) all the remaining babies are doing great, Bay is great, Shaylah's fur all grew back in on her head, Juliet and Cleo have both stopped sneezing, Parsley has found Hermione in the upstairs bedroom, so now the baby gate! As far as I know, things are well at Linda's location, except Pumpkin seemed to backtrack a little in his healing (EC & upper respiratory). I have a write up in Pet Press this month (I don't remember what I sent, as I sent in a few articles) that I am told is the one on spaying/neutering. I am having a problem finding a copy (I need a few if anyone sees it this month's issue is apparently all about rabbits!). Next week I will be taking in one of the Fitchburg bunnies from Mass through the HRN. We are happy to help, even though it's only one rabbit! I am house sitting for the 9 bunny people. Things are quite well, they rearranged things so that the bunnies are separated from each other, and there are appointments coming up for the other females to be spayed. The 4 remaining babies (I'm pretty positive) are all girls, about 6-7 weeks old. I actually felt at peace when I went there today, really. I'm glad I thought about things and have decided to respond to them differently.

OK, it's about 9:30 p.m., I can't connect to the internet, yet again! I need to replace my Linksys.
I just finished up another ½ hour play/therapy session with Ivan. It's hard to see him struggle, but I have high hopes for him. His one eye that is open just keeps scanning everything, sideways and upside down. I wonder if he is nauseated by the whole thing, I know I would be. Say a prayer for him. I am betting on this being EC and Dr. Pieper and I spoke about him the other day and also about getting our hands on the Marquee. He goes in on Tuesday, blood work and a check-up. It's funny how with everything going on, how I am trying to find myself, that he should come into my life. I find him to be a blessing. Please say a little prayer for him that together we can get him better.

One of Alise's boys got adopted out today, which leaves one more from her litter. I'm very excited for him! Let's just hope these adoptions keep on coming, we need the room, and they need the homes!

Good Night!

No comments: