2.12.2007

Ivan, Adoptions, Accupressure




Ivan must be feeling better. He’s ripping at his litter box, tossing the ball and trying to throw around his food and water dishes! Bratty bunny! I’m glad to see it! Last night I sent out a brief e-mail announcing the opening of his other eye! He was looking at me with both eyes, and his one that has been opened isn’t “scanning” anymore. I got him a doggie litter box and wee-wee pads yesterday. It has made for an easy clean up. He has much better stabilization as well, he hasn’t flipped or rolled in a couple of days! Ok, not meaning to get my hopes up. On Friday, Linda and I will be meeting with Dr. Poster to go over some acupressure points, as she is a licensed animal acupuncturist, and she will be allowing us to video tape it to watch over and over since both Linda and myself seem to be flaking out lately. We are very excited for this opportunity.

Linda picked up two bunnies that we were called on a couple of days ago stating “the landlord found out about the rabbits so they will either be eaten or released.” 2 males, another local rescue is supposed to come and pick one of them up from us, the mini-lop that looks like a young Emmett. There is another that reminds me of Bubble Gum, he has a dutch look to him, reddish/tan with black speckles on his face and back-half. Both are males. Mikey, our Fitchburg bunny, has settled right in. Shannon from HRN is working on something with Sweet Meadow for rescue groups. I’m hoping they can put together “Adoption Packets” of food and hay to give out at adoptions. That would be great. I have a call into the lawyer in NY (my ex-bosses law-firm) that is reviewing the bunny book I wrote, so keep your fingers crossed.

Rosie is going for blood-work and a spay tomorrow, and Simon Peter a neuter. I began working on our note books today to track all the animals, the info pages will be given at the time of adoption with medical history and any other history we know of placed into the pocket pages, a long with a photo. I have been very excited to get this started, I think it will be a benefit (or a pain in the butt!) to have.

Thumpie (last of Alise’s babies to go!) and Spunky (first of Tinkerbell’s babies to go!) both got adopted today. Both will come back in March for their neuters. We have someone looking at both Simon Peter and Rosie as singles or maybe a bonded pair. Jet and Gigi go home with Michele tomorrow, hopefully to stay a happily bonded pair. This was my last day watching the 9 bunnies. In a couple of weeks when these babies are old enough, I will take the two moms back. They will have them spayed and we will go from there. All went very well. I made them a collage of pictures of their animals while they were gone, just thought it would be something nice, and I haven’t pulled out the camera in a while, which I need to start doing! We have someone interested in a bonded pair of rabbits, so I will be taking Tootsie Roll and Tapioca down to the Hollow tomorrow as well… Well, all in all, a good day! I feel like I am leaving something out, but oh well, there is always tomorrow, I hope!
B~

No comments: