2.22.2008

Snow! Annabelle is well. One of Trixies babies passes away.

I feel sick. I think either I'm over exhausted or I ate something that the baby doesn't like, again. I'm excited to have the weekend off with nothing to do, and if I had a longer couch, I'd sleep in my living room from now till tomorrow just listening to Stargate. I'm going to rest this weekend and kick this cold I have before it drives me to my 3rd course of antibiotics in this pregnancy!
I was so happy to see snow, finally, this morning when I got up. I ran a couple of quick errands, but have been home almost all day letting each of the buns and the chinchilla's out to run. Linda says Annabelle is doing well and is on her way out of stasis. I don't understand these little bunny beasts, you don't do a thing to change their diets and BANG! They get gas or go into stasis... I just want to say a little extra "Thank You" to Linda for once again dealing with the stasis, and taking care of Annabelle the beastie bunny girl. We all love her, so thank you Linda. I'm sad to say that Jess reported in that the runt of Trixie's litter passed away today. We kind of figured that he/she would, but it certainly doesn't make it any easier when it happens. You always have this little bit of hope that the mom will take charge - make the baby better... but it doesn't always happen that way, and in the animal kingdom, mom knows what she is doing. Sorry Jess, I know it's been a long week for you. The other 3 babies seem to be striving and healthy, and Jess reports that fur is starting to blossom!
Thank You Brynne for both cleaning yesterday and for transporting Milo the Guinea Pig back to Norwalk where he will go home with Melissa and Derek! Thank you also to Dr. Poster who took a quick peek to make sure Milo was a Milo for us!
Well, I'm going to go and fold more fliers tonight as I sit my butt on the couch and try to take it easy. Have a nice weekend everyone!
OH! We still have 2 dwarf hamsters and 2 gerbils up for adoption and Dr. Poster has someone she is working with that has 26 rats they just rescued that are up for adoption. If you are interested in rat adoption, please contact Dr. Poster at AdoptM@aol.com. Ask her about the rats being spayed as well, as that was mentioned to me.
Brandee

No comments: