2.19.2008

Humane Society, Bella Update, Angela, Shadow, Cinni, NY Times

Hey! What a busy, busy day. I got up, vacuumed downstairs, took care of the dogs, birds, bunnies, and myself. Gail, a free-lance writer for NY Times Sunday's CT section, came by and interviewed me today, and spoke with Linda on the phone as well. I was incredibly impressed with the questions she asked and she was very nice. She has a few other animal rescues to interview (I gave her a few names like the Chin Depot, Critter Connection & New York Hamster House) to get a better grasp on what goes on in the small animal rescue world, then we should see something in article form in Mid-March. It's exciting!
I then went to my bosses house, took care of the cats, and picked up the little Pug Jo-Jo that I watch from time to time.
I went to the Hollow to help Linda with cleaning duties, and one of the newer volunteers, Carl, came in today and helped us with all the cages (Thank you Carl!). Linda packed up a big box of ink cartridges for me (Thank you Linda) and I dropped them at UPS.
I spoke with Allyson at the Humane Society today, I really liked her a lot. We are going to see what we can do to start doing adoption events with them to help increase rabbit adoptions for both the H.S. and the Hollow. She seems like someone we can really work with and a person to get things done, so cross your fingers for us!
Cinni is going in to see Dr. Fahey tomorrow morning, she had 3 or 4 seizures in a row yesterday, bum-rushing the cage. It's a new type of situation for her and we need to see if we can get it under control.
I have tried to bond Angela with Hoppy, Moody, Clover, Heather (for 2 seconds!), and Charlie. Nothing so far... She is sitting in the same cage with Shadow right now, she has tried to nip at him a couple of times, but I call her name and she settles down. It's the longest she has been with somebun, so who knows!? They just ate some salad together, nose to nose, and they are now grooming themselves.
Well, I'm watching Will & Grace with Chris as we also listen to Major (our Shepard) and Jo-Jo playing. Major lays down and Jo-Jo attacks his neck, she's such a tiny thing next to him.

Flyers will be going out this week announcing our upcoming events, our wish-list, and our grand-opening. Check your mail!

UPDATE ON BELLA:
Hi Linda and Brandee, Can't believe it's been so long already. Bella is the most wonderful little (or should I say big) bunny ever. I love her dearly. She was a bit shy at first though quite territorial for being fixed. (I'm sure she smelled the other bunnies.) We tease her as being a street gang girl from Danbury. Bella hops, actually jumps quite high, on to the bed every morning at 6:30 for cuddles and every night no matter how late I go to bed. She's taken to licking my face totally...never had a bunny give that many kisses. She loves breakfast in bed...greens and a couple of pieces of carrots. (She gets big veggie dinners later.) She's a good eater not picky at all even eats stems and loves eating hay (other bunnies will eat hay if there is nothing else in sight for hours). She does love to bunch the bed covers. I've had to get plenty of fleece throws to put on the bed. She used to pee, but that finally stopped. Any suggestions for bunching? Will it go away or do just have to get use to it? Started covering the bed with toys and boxes which distracts her at least while I'm not in the bedroom! Anyway, if you have any ideas, let me know. And please keep me on your email list of activities. Gratefully, Dorothy

No comments: