2.15.2008

NY Times, Angela & Moody, Tinkerbelle, Ringo & Spice, March is Bonding Month!

Angela, Moody & Hoppy

Hey! What a wonderful week! First off, Ringo is ADOPTED!!!! He is related to Biscuit, they are both a little messed in the head - I'm thinking too much closely related blood- and were both pretty agressive. Biscuit is now a very happy bunny and bonded to Mary Jane! Ringo came here and hit it off right away with Michelle Baskay's little lion head girl Spice. I am thrilled for them all. I'm working on seeing if I can bond Moody and Angela right now, we'll see how the girls do. OK, ADOPTIONS! Charlie leaves Saturday, Lila may be going out this weekend as well. Jake just left yesterday, Ringo today, and I know I'm forgetting a name or two. Thank goodness adoptions are picking up again, I still have 10 rabbits to move down to the Hollow before I can't bend over to easily anymore (Oh! Did I mention I'm having a girl?).

March is going to be BONDING MONTH! We are going to send out a newsletter letting all those with single buns know that we are doing bondings for the month of March and waving the $25 bonding fee. I am going to be a Bonding Machine! I have to say, it has been such a joy to see buns brought together. We have seen a total turn-around in Ringo, Biscuit, Lucky and Mr. Uggs since they got bonded. Another bun to speak with is just a wonderful thing for a rabbit. It's an endearing thing to see them groom each other and stretch out next to each other.

IN THE NEWS... A woman contacted me from the NY Times and will be coming down on Tuesday morning for an interview and to meet some of the bunnies here. It's awesome and in perfect time for Easter! We also have another paper, and possibly the News coming to our Petco Grand-Opening on March 15th. I'm hoping for a wonderful turn out that day - balloons and volunteers galore! We are also doing a bake-sale, nail clipping, and pet-photo's. I need to get back in touch with Paws and the CT HS to see if we can pay them a visit as well prior to Easter.

My Day... Got up, cleaned the buns, Tinkerbelle got dropped off, went and picked up Michelle L. we went to the Hollow to do a large bunny swap, took my dogs to friend Terry's. Terry, Michelle and I went to lunch, then I dropped Michelle at home, came and did some leaf-work in the front yard and stuffed some paper tubes to go to the Hollow for tomorrow. I am watching Will & Grace with Husband Chris, and getting ready for bed.
On a sad note, I wish to say that we are sorry to hear of Claudie's hamster Peaches going to the Rainbow Bridge today.




No comments: