2.21.2008

Cinni & Annabelle go to the vet, too tired to think...



Yesterday, 2/20 (Chris's Birthday), was another busy day beginning with Linda and I taking Cinni to an apt. at South Wilton, her seizures getting worse. We figured it might be due to me giving her and Rags an x-pen to live in and taking the Graco play pen out. In the Graco, there is more "mesh" and less for her to see going on outside the pen, so maybe it's less stimulating to the part of the brain causing seizures. So Michele C. had dropped off 4 sheets of the Chloroplast for me and I used 3 to build them a bigger play-yard with the Graco panels last night. Now we need to add more toys!

Our volunteer for cleaning the Hollow yesterday cancelled so Linda and I tag-teamed all the cages again, then she cleaned all hers and I came home and did mine. I went and got hay, picked up newspapers, did my pet sitting responsibilities and came home to find Annabelle in the beginning stages of stasis. After how I lost Arthur, I asked Linda to make her an apt. and then she went down to South Wilton today. Linda picked her up and will be keeping her for a couple of days. Michele C. went to New Jersey and Picked up a Guinea Pig for us that has a new home waiting for him in Norwalk (Thank you Michele!) and Jamie & Jewel got spayed yesterday. I went and picked up more papers today, and more hay. For the past few days I was supposed to go see my sister (her birthday was Monday) and with Cinni being sick Wed, then Annabelle today, I have missed her. I don't think I'll be going tomorrow due to snow, and I love to drive in snow but our Jeep needs new tires and Chris needs the Pathfinder this weekend. I think I'm just going to sit on my butt and try to take it easy this weekend and turn off all the phones, my body is just so tired. I guess I keep forgetting there is a baby in the belly! I just got done folding about 40 flyer's to send out announcing our grand opening and our no charge for bondings for the month of March. Linda is pig-sitting and gerbil-sitting this week. I have Jo-Jo the pug here, and she is going home any time now, her family is on their way back from VT. I keep falling asleep while I'm typing, I need to be careful not to drop the computer off my lap.
Jim worked his butt off this past week updating the web page even more, and it looks great, so make sure you all take a peek at www.hopalonghollow.org and see the new page! Thanks again Jim!

Trixie, the bunny that I picked up a couple of weeks ago at the local Animal Control (thought she might be pregnant and she has a prolapsed Anus) went into foster and Jessica's house and we just got this e-mail from Jess yesterday...


Hey everyone! Well...Trixie had her babies sometime last night/this morning! I don't exactly know when as I didn't notice this morning...woke up with a migraine and kind of just stumbled off to work... I noticed AS I was walking out the door to my grandfather's wake...so what timing! I talked to Linda and Brandee for a "what the heck do I do right now" lesson...lol. Mom and babies are doing well so far...I hope they all make it! There is definitely a runt of the group...he worries me cause he's so much smaller (hard to tell in the pics, but def. true in person). I'll keep you all posted. I've attached some "day 1" pics of mom and babies.

-Jess
One more thing then I really must go to bed, there is a video on You-Tube that is a hilarious Microsoft/House Rabbit Video that you must see! Bunny related! Too cute for words. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vC9taroEsI

No comments: