4.22.2007

Claire-Bear, Angela, Tilly, Tucker, Shelly, Colorado, Penny & Butterscotch

Hello All.

Sorry I have been slow this week at blogging for those of you who look forward to it! I had the week off, painted the downstairs of my house, still need a few touch ups, but it is a pale and glorious beachy-blue. Our rooms look cleaner and bigger than ever with all the white accents! OK, on to the bunny run... Claire-Bear died during her massive internal surgery to remove a major abcess. She was worked on by 3 different doctors who had not one seen such a large abscess. Too many people do not know the signs of illness in their rabbits and then when they pass they aren't taken in for Necropsy's. We do it all, we need to know, and the vets need to learn too. From what I understand, when they went to remove the one large one, there were many others and she just could not live a pain free life. We are all sad for both Claire and the Thibaults who had taken her lovingly into their home with all her medical issues a few months back. She will be deeply missed by all of us at the Hollow. Penny went through a series of X-rays this week and both she and Butterscotch have been diagnosed with Chronic Pneumonia and are both on Baytril and Bicillin injections for the next 30 days and then will go back in for chest X-rays. On a high note, Tilly and Tucker are going to their new home this week, along with Shelly and Colorado. Colorado was up on line for about an hour before his adoption went through! His new home just sadly lost their 21 year old free-range Chinchilla. A nice ripe old age, and what a lucky chin. We are so excited for Col! I took in a third rabbit from Trumbull Animal Control, a bunny with head tilt that I still have yet to name. He was swaying a bit tonight in his cage, like Pumpkin does, so I fear that I have cost the Hollow more money as if this doesn't clear up on the Otic Ear Drops and Baytril he is on, we will have yet another candidate, along with Cinni, for Marquee to treat EC. We shall see... Bandit was adopted and Fawn is adopted to the same family now, I will do the bonding of the two - Yeah! Also this week, I'm going to try bonding Chelsea's 3 bunnies Meadow, Kicker (sp?) and Love-Bug this week. Wish us luck as I am totally excited to see these 3 together and haven't done a triple bonding, oh wait, in a couple of weeks! Did I mention before that Rags and Cinnie have let Annabelle live with them? I'm sure I have, all grooming each other and in love, but I think it's because Rags loves big buns and Annabelle and Cinnie have Dain Bramage.

I did a short-version of an animal party today taking Rags, my Chins, the Bearded Dragons still homeless, and Sammy my cockatiel and Dovey my Dove (I'm all out of names!). It was fun! I have 4 more hamsters coming in tomorrow and we have two gerbils up for adoption, a black male and a fawn female (in separate cages of course!). One of Bryne's bunnies is showing signs of illness, so we will get him to the vet tomorrow, one of us anyhow! Things are really hectic for all of us right now, and once again, I can't wait to go back to work tomorrow and get back into my routine!

Here is the e-mail from Linda this evening:

A miracle has happened..... Angela has been ADOPTED! A friend of Chelsea's who already has 7 bunnies had a lone male who needed a friend. She brought him over today and her boy Snow chose Angela. I am sorry to say that Angela started sneezing during the bonding, I flipped her over and thick white gunk encrusted her nostrils. Here we go again. She is still here and will be getting her Zithromax for a week before leaving for her new home and wonderful life with Snow!! Now we have to hope that Snow didn't already catch it! Cross your fingers....Update on Tapioca and Tootsie Roll
Hi! We're just writing to give you an update on Tapioca & Tootsie Roll (who we call Emma & Max). They're doing very well, in good health and good spirits. They have plenty of space and attention here. They're still a bit timid sometimes, but are usually full of curiosity (and boy, do they love to chew!)

Also, Emma appears to have fully recovered from that recurring sneezing issue -- thank you so much for your help with that! We're so glad that you and the other volunteers are doing this important work for the rabbit community.

Best wishes,
Josh & Erin (and the bunnies!)

No comments: