4.03.2007

Jack, Rosie, Stratford & Trumbull Animal Control

Cinnie, Rags & Rosie


Well, thank goodness the earlier part of the day has been slow, and if I don't answer my phone tonight... Rosie is doing the same today as yesterday and the day before. Jack, my cockatiel, has decided to try to commit suicide. He has begun picking his feathers again and today there was blood all over the cage. I'm sure that Dr. Pieper was quite happy to see me once again, I am now 2 for 2 this week, and tomorrow I'm picking up Jack, so he'll get me 3 days in a row. He said I made a nice Elizabethan Collar for Jack, which he will more than likely have to wear for the next 2 months, and he has to go into a cage by himself to see if he's just too stressed out with the other birds right now. I hate to separate him. He got a shot of antibiotics and some ointment. One more on meds in the house, halleluiah! I went from there to Stratford Animal Control where they have a large rolling medi-rack that Rachael is getting the demensions for me on. If it will fit at the Hollow I think it would be great for the back room and to use as a "medical ward." It would be easy to sterilize and has 3 walls. I'd love it at my house, but it would never get into the basement! I grabbed a couple of tiny dog-crates to have on hand for transport, and some blankies. Lynn from Trumbul Animal Control called and the 16 rabbits are ready to go. We are taking in two. They'll have to be isolated and watched for a bit as they have been exposed to ringworm. My fish tank pump broke, so I have to go get another fish tank, and I think I'll be getting Fluffy a friend too. I've grown fond of this little gold-fish!

No comments: