4.11.2007

TAC Buns, Choice Pet, NZW's, Fundraising, Rosie

Welcome Ringo
I can't believe how long it has been since I have written, nearly a week. Rosie had passed away last Thursday surrounded by her loved buns. I will miss her very much. She is being cremated and will be sprinkled in our lettuce garden this year. Ivan is doing the same and I moved him downstairs today. He's in a pen now on a large blanket so he can get a grip and be more mobile during the day. He had several visits from Jo-Jo today, sweet ones, she went right up to investigate him, and I will put Cinni with him later for a little companionship since he can't hurt her and she doesn't know which end is up. I'm worried to put him in with Rags and Cinni right now so we'll wait on that. Jo-Jo is quite the character, she is curious about everything, a love! She follows me from room to room investigating everything I do, climbing up my back when I'm on the floor. Hallie is doing great (bathroom bunny) and she, like Jo-Jo, is going to be an awesome bonding candidate! Penny is STILL sneezing her head off, and is more than likely going to be going in for the deep nasal culture very soon. Shaylah and Steve are now a bonded pair, with very, very little work on my part. It's great that they can be together again!

This morning I went to meet with a woman that took 11 bunnies that I sexed for her (she was told they were all males, 4 are females). I'm not worried about babies, as all the girls are babies themselves right now. There are two older males ready to be neutered, one is a Netherland dwarf, an albino Acorn or Pumpkin, but smaller even, maybe even smaller than Sterling is. He has a tattoo in his ear that says DJ. The woman is really nice, and I am happy to help. I dropped off 3 cages and some water bottles, in a couple of days I'll see if I can't get over and get some pictures and names and get them up on Petfinder. 3 are just babies, maybe 7-9 weeks old.
Michele C. is bringing in babies possibly this weekend too. It's very busy at the Hollow! I went to Trumbull Animal Control and picked up the two bunnies that we said we would help them out with. An albino one, of course, small like Laurel and a beautiful grayish tan boy that is still being treated for Ringworm. They were running around thumping like crazy when I put them in their cages, they had been living in large pet carriers.

I spoke with a gentleman today at Choice Pet and they are willing to have us come into each and every store to do rabbit education, and said that they would like to see us do their care sheets. I'm meeting with him next Thursday at the Danbury store to sit and chat and see what we can do to get the rabbits that they are selling into better educated homes. We can't fight it, but we can help so what else do we do? I'm looking forward to our possibly doing adoption center locations at Petco. I'm excited to try working with them and doing adoptions. It could be a really, really great thing. All that is going on is heavy on the heart, but fulfilling to the soul as we see that through talking with people and offering education, we can slowly but surely make a difference. Does that sound right?

Michelle M. had her kids go out with their bunny and a collection jar and they collected $120 for the Hollow last Saturday. She has 6 foster rabbits for us right now and her kids are having a ball. Walmart brought us in $330 dollars last Sunday! We also had 4 adoptions last weekend, Buster is going out to a new home, Fawn, Bandit and Laurel. Rain gets picked up to go to her new home soon too! We have been getting lots of adoption calls, growing is great, but also a crusher. The more people that know us do know to call us for adoptions, but also more people know to call us for dumps. Well, we are doing what we can. We are only 13 people right now ya know! THANK YOU TO ALL OF THE HOLLOW-ERS!

No comments: