5.03.2007

Cinnamon #2, Claire, Annabelle, Rags, Thumpie, Spunky, Fawn & Bandit

Hey, well I wrote a complete blog, 4 paragraphs worth on Monday and lost it all, I was so upset that I waited these 3 days to attempt it again. On Monday I took a rabbit in through Barnum from one of their patients, his name is Cinnamon. He’s a 3 pound dwarf that has had $2000 dollars spent on him in the past 2 years to get him repeatedly out of stasis. His previous owner was feeding him things like oatmeal and lots of fruit because he liked them but didn’t like hay. So, without the hay in his diet he has had overgrown molars on a consistent basis and continuous gut-stasis. I have been force feeding him Critical Care, he’s on .7ml’s of Reglan 3 times a day and .18ml’s Metacam BID. Tonight was the worst gas yet (he’s on gas relief drops too) and I found a lump in his abdomen. I’m going to see if we can get in tomorrow. The lump reminds me of what Parsley #1 went through with the Mega-Colon, just not near as big, but just as scary for me, it’s probably his liver or something silly like that, but I need to be sure. He won’t eat anything on his own at all and I have also been giving him lactated ringer injections as he refuses to drink as well. I’m worried for him, but will do the best I can.

My boss gave me the day off, so I did some errands this morning and then came home and mowed the lawn, cleaned up the yard and brought Daisy, Rusty, Rags and Annabelle outside. Rags and Annabelle truly loved it and Annabelle kept going up and snuggling next to Major, our German Shepard. I got some gardening done and hung up wind chimes, bird feeders and cleaned out the garage. I felt I got a little something done today and all of us (3 dogs, a cat and the buns) being outside was wonderful. I love that my family gets along, I also like our very fenced in yard!

Fawn and Bandit are almost a guaranteed bond now which is happy news for both myself and their family. Thumpie (Alise’s son) and Spunky (Tinkerbelle’s son) got dropped off today for their neuter appointments tomorrow. Buster’s new family adores him and Lilac (Lilly now). Claire’s necropsy results came back, but Linda will have to write us on those, something about encapsulated MRSA. Shaylah and Steve are bonded. Ivan is still the same, but as happy as can be. I’m going to take him out back with me tomorrow so he too can roll in the grass and feel the Sunshine. Ringo’s ringworm is so much better that I think he’ll be good to go soon, to his neuter I mean, then to a good and loving home. Milo’s (related to both Ringo and Biscuit) head-tilt looked a little better to me tonight, wishful thinking? Annabelle and Dakota are due for their next bath to remove the rest of the mineral oil out of their fur.

Michelle C. dropped off 3 adorable dwarf babies this past week, 2 black girls and a brown boy, and she will be coming down next week sometime to bring her chloroplast donation to fit in the bottom of the floor pens, I am REALLY excited. This will keep any poop/pee off the floor and contained. It’s a happy dream!

No comments: