12.30.2006

Willow is at the Rainbow Bridge

Linda took Willow to the vet 2 days ago because she sounded funny (heavy breathing) and appeared to be in stasis, no eating or anything. When she got to the vet, brat that she was, she started eating, and they didn't seem to think that there was anything wrong with her. Linda and I decided that Willow would come here, live in the bathroom with the chewed up baby gate so she come out and hang when she wanted (I was hoping she would be a permanent resident if she was ok with the dogs, I so want a middle-floor bunny!), and so that is what we were to do. When I went to see Linda today because Cleo seemed in stasis at my house (ate fine at Linda's!) Linda kept mentioning that Willow didn't look right, and she thought maybe Willow didn't like her because she had to keep giving her meds every day. Well, about 2 hours after I got Willow home, she started scampering about like she was freaked over something. I tried to calm her down, but I knew that she was dying, unfortunately I have seen something similar before. She did not scream, and it was over within minutes, so I hope she did not suffer greatly.

When I thought she was gone, I (yes, to a rabbit!) tried CPR. All that happened was foam through her nostrils. Linda told me that it sounds to be pneumonia or congenital heart failure and that the fluids from her lungs was what I was seeing. Chris agreed with the sounds of things.. I know to some of you this may sound graphic, but it's something that I wanted you to be aware of and know Willow is now awaiting on the rainbow bridge. I'm sure she and Princess are happy to see each other and tell stories of the many crazy ladies of the Hop-A-Long Hollow.








No comments: