12.08.2006

Hidden babies

Now, on the darker side, my side of course! I took in 2 rabbits on Tuesday because Milford Animal Control called; the guy had called everywhere and was looking to let the bunnies go if no one took them. If I didn't take them, he was letting them go. Of course, they were a male and a female. I made an emergency vet appointment for today to get the female spayed so that we wouldn't have to worry about more babies. Dr. Lamothe called after the spay asking me if there had been any babies because she (Tapioca) looked swollen, I said no. She said that she might have miscarried and they might have been absorbed, but there was milk present. I am thinking to myself "Thank you God for no more to take care of." God planned things differently. When I got the 2 bunnies back home from their surgeries and went to clean out the cage, I saw that behind the litter box, well out of my sight, was a pile of fur. Oh, Crap. There are 4 baby bunnies there, and I know they were just born last night because I cleaned the cage yesterday. I really feel I suck big time. I have the incubator plugged in just incase tonight doesn't go well, and dwarf daddy has to stay in the big carrier for the night.

No comments: