12.09.2006

How to catch a bunny

Well, all the babies were alive this morning as I packed up to head up to Hamden to try to trap another two bunnies running loose. Let's not even go into that B.S. I left a trap, and a few cranky neighbors. I'll hear back from someone soon I guess to let me know if the trap has worked. Hopefully they don't catch a skunk. With my luck, I'd be sprayed.
This afternoon I set up, hmmm.... 3 more cages. Momma and babies are in a cage right next to daddy, hopefully I can keep them bonded so she can go back with daddy after the babies are weened hey, they are both altered now. Dr. Lamothe and I spoke a couple of times this morning, and she says that due to some hormone change, a spay causes lactating to induce, so they should be fine if they can just make it past the first 2 weeks. I'll be checking to make sure that they continue to keep warm and that momma is doing what she can. Poor Tapioca, the pain of birth and I send her to have her insides removed. Well, learning experienced, and will always clean the cage BEFORE a spay/neuter. I pray that everything will work out. I hope I don't cause her to go into stasis. This sucks.

No comments: