5.17.2007

Scruffy's necropsy, Thumpie & Spunky, Raven & Ivory



Well, it’s been quite a week. We got the results back from Scruffy’s necropsy. Dr. Pieper said the people who had him should be arrested and compared him to what would happen to a human in a concentration camp. He was starved, had urine scald and fur-mites (we know from when he came in) his kidney’s were a black-purple color and the size of dimes, his liver was 1/3 the size it should have been, his heart was smaller than it should have been, and we already know his teeth were a wreck. He ended up dying from not only all this pain he had been through, but also from a metabolic blood disease due to the abscess in his mouth. I am going to make flyers to hang all over Trumbull for information leading to the prosecution of his previous owners. I can’t tell you how upset it made me, but I was not surprised to say the least.

Raven and Ivory (now Pickles and Fuzz) went to their new home this evening. This was a very easy bond and I think for sure it will stay that way. Their new mom is totally awesome and these guys had a huge nic-cube condo waiting for them! Thumpie and Spunky who were neutered last week are OK together in a tight spot for now. Running around they are fine too, but a large cage causes indifference, so they really need time for their hormones to calm down. 2 rats were adopted today and 2 more are going out this week. We have a trio coming in this weekend.
The adoptions went much faster than I anticipated. I have 2 potential homes for the bearded dragons. My beloved cockatiel Mya went to live with my sis-in-law and her male Cockatiel Louie. I hope that this will not only give Louie company, but calm down Jack’s self-mutilation urges. I woke up this morning to one of my birds trying to sing “Pop-Goes-The-Weasel!” I guess my bird song tape might be working!

My Aunt almost died twice during surgery today, so if you can, she is now stable, but please, please say a prayer for her. It hits so close to home with her, I love her more than I think she will ever know.

I signed on to go into Hospice in Shelton and will bring Annabelle with me. I'm working on handling her more so she is used to me holding her as Arthur once was. If anyone would like to join me every couple of weeks, it would be great to have someone else there to handle an animal (maybe one of my chinchilla’s) and bring a smile to a grim situation.

I know that there is much more that happened this week, but my brain is mush, more so than usual, more like grits that oatmeal! Hope all is well with everyone and God Bless!

Brandee

No comments: