1.08.2009

Dumpster Diving... Thankfully not for rabbits!

Hey all! First, just a quick THANK YOU to Ali for helping with the blog and taking on just one more duty at the Hollow (She also cleans every single Saturday and handles our Petfinder site as well)! I'm going to write really quick before Katie wakes up (she just turned 6 months old on the 3rd!). We were desperate for Newspapers today so I went to the Stratford dump, and they had just emptied their bins, then I tried the recycling center and there were too many trucks dumping so I couldn't get into the building... I had to work today so by chance I went to the Fairfield dump, and JACKPOT! They have a walk in dumpster filled with people's bagged newspapers! I know this is funny, but I was so happy I nearly cried! We were so desperate and with the rain, everything has been wet. Linda has papers drying in front of her fireplace on her living room floor! OK, on to other news. Hoodie, now "Benny" is bonded with his new girl-friend Daisy, and will go home tomorrow with volunteer Linda! Reese is staying with adopted bonded pair Adam and Eve, now "Cinnamon and Pepper" so we can try a triple bonding with them next month, and it sounds like Redding, now "Margaret" may be bonded in her new home as well! Coco and Sonia just got adopted out of the Norwalk Petco location! We have an adoption on Saturday, and possibly a couple of more this weekend as well! We have 10 baby rats up for adoption right now a long with a single female, and the mom of the babies. If anyone can foster or is interested in adoption, please let me know! We have a rabbit coming from Mass on the 20th to find a girlfriend, and almost every rabbit is altered again! We are doing pretty well right now if we can just keep a flow of newspapers, stay about where we are in the cash department, and have everyone show up for their days to clean. Thank you to everyone helping, it's huge for us! Happy New Year! Brandee

No comments: