1.09.2009

Aggravation


We had a woman e-mail about Gerbils, needing to place some.  I forwarded on to a friend that does small animal rescue and she in turn let me know that this woman has dropped off Gerbils to her at least 2x and once it was like 24 of them!  I let her know that we won't be able to assist her any further as it's more "Breeder Support" now than lending a hand and rescue.  She e-mailed me back letting me know it was her autistic son's fault, and I e-mailed her back telling her she should be ashamed of herself for trying the disability card and she should be in charge, not him.  Any how, it's the same woman we took 11 rabbits from with Trumbull Animal Control when I was over 8 months pregnant and it was pouring rain.  Aggravation.  I had 2 apt.s down at the Hollow this morning, one was with this wonderful, wonderful woman named Linda who brought bunnies to be sexed and is looking to get them altered and do everything right that she can for the animals.  The second apt. was with a gentleman and his wife who doesn't like animals, and they were expecting us to take in some of their baby bunnies after we already told them twice, NO!  We have no room at the moment with 70 already in the shelter and a couple of foster homes.  I sexed them out and thankfully Allyson at the Humane Society to the rescue again, she's taking in the baby boys.  When the mom called me back she also said she wanted to get rid of their Sheepdog.  I don't understand why people get these animals to get rid of them again, and she spoke with such an air of thinking that it's OK to do, that these animals are nothing and their lives nothing, it upset me.  I'll get over it.  We'll help do what we can if people are willing to hold out and work with us.  Ok, more later.  Brandee

No comments: