1.28.2009

Respect, and lack of knowledge...

First, let me tell you that on my way home today from work, I was so fuming, I could have ripped someones head off. 4 boys walking down the street that I work on in Fairfield hocked a snowball at my car and nailed my windshield. I slammed on the brakes, slid a little, and 2 took off. I yelled at the other two that they had better get their butts over and apologize to me right then and there or I would track down their parents and call the cops, also mentioning that we paid 26,000 dollars for a car they were throwing stuff at. 2 came back to apologize, the other 2 were cowards and couldn't live up to the mistake they just made, or wanted to deal with the woman that was screaming at them like some loony bird. I had Katie (my 6 month old) with me in the back seat. I think that all the "lack of respect" has me really going right now. Kids nailing my car, people dumping rabbits in someone else's barn so they have to deal with the mess that has been left, people who beg for your help, and when it's offered and they don't want it the way you offer it.... It all comes down to respect. Respect of property, respect of life, respect of other people's time and lives. The people that I last wrote about, well Allyson at the HS was all set to take in the baby boys, and they charge a drop off fee, SOMEONE HAS TO PAY FOR FOOD!!!! The woman called, complained that the HS was only in it to make money off of them, (and they even dropped the fee just to get the buns from the woman) and she and her husband never dropped off the baby boys. She also gave the HS a hard time about it and was a snot. I bend over backwards to get to Norwalk to meet people, work with them on how to solve issues they have gotten themselves into and try to give them hope because either they themselves have messed up or the pet stores they got the rabbits from messed up on the sexes, and they just crap on me, and it's aggravating, it's tiring, it's wrong and disrespectful to someone who does what we do in rescue. We don't get paid to sex rabbits (like a vet would). We don't get paid to do nails and wash butts (like a vet would). We don't get paid to clean cages, run rabbit errands and make sure everyone has food, water and the medical attention they need. We don't have our gas paid for. We don't have our time paid for. We don't get paid to have our homes be like these revolving show rooms of animals. Yes, we do it because we like the animals, we like our volunteers, we like to see the homes that some of these guys actually make it into, but sometimes just the right people send a chill through your body as you wonder what the heck screws need to be tightened in their heads. We have a possible 4 bondings coming up this month, and it's exciting, and we are happy... My brains are so scrambled tonight, I am in a good mood, but aggravated, if that makes any sense at all. Ok, I'm still working on moving the computer room upstairs with my husband. I had to vent. Brandee

No comments: