6.23.2008

A Note From Linda... LOL!!!

Hey guys......I gotta tell you that you never stop learning with this bunny stuff. I was too full of myself and I got taken down a peg. The head tilt baby bunny and I have our routine down great now. I know just how to hold him to get the medications and feedings down him and tonight he seem actually a bit better. Not just stronger but more stable. Head tilt bunnies scare the pants off me. I finally faced my fear and I'm doing fine with this little fella, I haven't dropped him, he hasn't chocked, nothing bad has happened and my confidence has grown as time has passed by. Tonight I am sitting in the chair happily stuffing critical care down his little body after giving him liquids and several liquid medications. He is soft and warm and all cuddled up to my chest. He seems so happy and content and I'm just sitting there holding him and talking to him. All is well except that I forgot one basic fact. What goes in has to come out again. Suddenly he decided it's time to pee. I feel this flood of warm water rush down my body, it then drips down off the plastic chair I am sitting on and down my leg to settle nicely in my shoe. I was covered. My god - that so much liquid could come out of one tiny baby bunny! He must have held it half the day. It just kept coming and coming. I grabbed him away from my body and he is squirting the entire time so I basically spread pee everywhere while I am running with him. Like he was a self firing water pistol. A pee pistol. I had to shower and completely clean the whole room. What an ungodly mess!The good news is that I am convinced he is doing better. Not flipping quite so much and more able to eat again fairly well on his own. He is back again to how he as when we took him in. So I am excited. Now all I need to know is how do I get pee out of leather shoes? Linda

No comments: