6.18.2008

Due date mix up, 30 buns in need, the HS lends a hand...

New Sign For The Hollow - CLOSED ON SUNDAYS! (Thanks hubby Chris!) Now we just need a big one that says "BY APPOINTMENT ONLY!"

Linda and I went and met with a woman today who had rescued about 10 rabbits. She called and asked for our help as she is getting overwhelmed (hey - with rabbits - it happens!). We went down and sexed them, there is a new litter there that is just a few days old, 5-6 unaltered males, 5-6 females that all feel pregnant and swollen, and more than 20 babies between 5 and 12 weeks. We sexed everybun, gave ivomec shots to the adult males, separated the males from the females, except for the youngest which we will do in about a month, and offered to continue to help as we could. The woman has a wonderful set-up where all the buns are safe, we just have to get the population under control and then go from there. Some of the babies were so inbred from where they came from that there are ears missing and one had 1/2 of its back foot missing, not from them being eaten, no signs of scabs or anything, just born that way. We took 4 buns in with us. 1 is scab-covered so was started on Ivomec and Baytril, 1 baby has no ears (looks like a Guinea Pig), 1 baby has head tilt, and 1 that has 1 ear and missing 1/2 a back foot was just laying lethargic in the cage. It died shortly after we got home. Linda will be taking the remaining 3 to the vet tomorrow. Any donations would be wonderful! We were there for about 2 hours catching and sexing all these little cuties. If anyone wants to foster for a month or so, please contact us through the website at http://www.hopalonghollow.org/. The Humane Society was very generous as to take in 7 of the baby girls for us that are about 8-10 weeks of age. There are still very many that will need homes, on top of our already huge population.
It's been a very busy couple of weeks, though adoptions have been a little slow. Bun-Jovi passed away Saturday night into Sunday morning. Margie offered to take Bugsy to do his meds and take care of him for a while (major head-tilt and several different meds 2x a day) which is a very nice help and a break for me. We were just on Pet Talk last Sunday, we'll figure out how to upload it and everyone can get a chuckle at the huge pregnant lady... Oh, and for anyone who hasn't heard yet, I've been telling everyone that I'm due on July 7th, cause that's what I thought. I went to the Dr's for my stress test this past Monday and they said I'm 38 1/2 weeks (out of 40) and it just didn't add up to me. I asked "How is it July 7th?" Turns out I was told a wrong date by someone who no longer works there, and I'm actually due on June 29th! Oh well, either way she's going to be here shortly! Works out for me better any ways, my dad has vacation the week of the 4th so I want her here to meet him!
There is going to be a huge Hollow Tag-Sale on Freeman Ave. in Stratford on June 28th. We aren't giving the house number out as of yet, but there will be lots of signage to follow! Please come and show your support for the Hollow! Well, I'm sure there is more to write, but I am just so tired right now I don't know what I have and haven't written, and don't know what else to say. I'm flabbergasted and going to bed for a while... Oh! Anyone looking to help with donations towards food and medications, please, please, please contact the Hollow through our website or make a pay-pal donation with the e-mail addresss hopalonghollow@aol.com.









No comments: