12.18.2008

DO NOT ADOPT! Kathy Hard of Meriden

OK, maybe I am in the wrong here, but a volunteer of ours talked to a woman who wanted to "get rid of" her rabbit, and we don't take in personal rabbits, but our volunteer wanted to make sure the bunny was in a safe place. The woman drove the bunny down to me, a beautiful white male named Tom. Her son had the biggest tears in his eyes leaving that bunny here, so of course I felt badly too. She left us a check for $75 as a donation. Well, Linda called today, the check was canceled on us, leaving us with a $10 charge to pay for it. I called up Kathy, she could give me no good excuse other than "something came up." I told her it would have been nice for her to call and let us know, and now we were out $10 because of her choosing to cancel the check. She kept trying to spit out a good excuse, and I was irritated so I told her to please not contact me for further updates on the rabbit that she dropped off to us and we were going to have to pay to alter and care for. She told me "F-You" and hung up on me. I'm glad we have the rabbit. If she could have given a reason, called beforehand, anything than just sticking us, I would have been fine. This was just rude, mean and sneaky. Brandee

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am just learning about your blog and reading it - you should have had her arrested and made her pay you the fee -