8.04.2007

Martins Amputation, Welcome Hannah, Elvis possible bond to Gussie!



This is Martin's Leg prior to yesterday's very successful amputation. It appears it was stripped of all skin and just started rotting away. He has had it like this for so long, that having it removed has been a great thing for him, it is no longer hitting things and in the way. We picked him up from South Wilton Veterinary (Thank you so much for the wonderful job Dr. Mangold!) today and already he is eager to come out and play. I have limited his time out, as I don't want him to hurt himself and he needs to have his healing time. He did not get neutered during this surgery as the Doc felt it too much at once, and he is already happily trying to mount my feet and mark his territory... Oh well, another day! As long as he is safe, happy and alive, that is what we fought for! We raised enough money in donations to help not only have his leg amputated, but to have him also get neutered. Thank you so much every body for all your support once again. We can always count on you all when the going gets really tough, and it is also what keeps Linda and myself going... All our wonderful volunteers and wonderful contributors!

Hannah was dropped two days ago, another Red-eyed white bunny, and another coming in tomorrow. We have received so many phone calls in the past several weeks, it is hard to get to them all promptly. Elvis is getting neutered on the 14th a long with Flash, and both will more than likely be going to their new homes... Elvis to Greer with Gussie and Flash to Ali and Lumar with Scout and Alex. Wish them luck!

I had a pretty good day today, I had a new volunteer, Chelsea, come over this morning and help me bust through cleaning the cages, we were done in under an hour I think, maybe about an hour. She helped with litter boxes, feeding and the water bottles - huge help, THANK YOU CHELSEA!

Please visit You-Tube to see an awesome Video of Martin! Visit at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOcTofpyDLM

Excuse my lisp which Chris keeps making fun of me for, I wear a night guard a bit for my stressful clinching of the teeth and have worn it all this week, and am over compensating for it!

Thank you all again!

Brandee

No comments: