3.16.2009

It's been a while....

So, April ended up coming back to us. The poor girl couldn't handle her, brought her back and went and got a cat instead. Her second choice had been Duke, who got adopted the week after, and he came back to us yesterday as well for being a handful. So I guess no matter which bunny poor Carrie adopted, she was going to have a hard time. Rabbits just aren't for everybody!

A friend of mine from work called me on Saturday and said his little lop girl wasn't eating. Of course, he failed to call me at the first sign of stasis like I had warned him and instead called me after she had not eaten in 36 hours. I told him to get to South Wilton ASAP - a few hours later he called me back to tell me she was dead...he never even made it to the vet because he didn't have a car. I feel horrible for him because he's my friend and I know what he's going through...but at the same time I am nothing short of outraged. When my first bunny, Tess, died from stasis I didn't know any better...I didn't know what to look for. I gave him all of the warning signs and told him to call me if he ever noticed anything.... I'm just suffering from mixed emotions.

We did get an email from the family that adopted our English Lop, Trouble. Of course, he is doing what he does best...making noise, rearranging his furniture and dishes, and climbing things like a cat!

We've also had some adoptions: Joy, Dusty & Jordan, and Sable & Cinnamon have all gone to a (hopefully) forever home! There was a family that was supposed to come yesterday that was interested in a bonded pair but she rescheduled so hopefully sometime within the next two weeks we can get another pair out of the shelter!

We had our first fundraiser of the season at Petco in Milford last Saturday. It wasn't very productive funding wise, but we had a lot of visitors and Dixie (my brother's flemish who joined me for the day) was quite well behaved. I will try to post pictures of her later if I remember....

TTFN!
Ali

No comments: