1.14.2008

Truffles passes, Toby, Lop, Joy, Little Bunny, Dylan and stuff


I don't even know, once again, where to start... Yesterday I was trimming Dakota's nails (I have only been bit 2x from nail trimming ever) and she kicked me while I was holding the nail clippers and they went up my nose! Powerful little legs on that beastie girl! It was interesting! I have Bugs Farlekes staying with me for a while, and Wishes is at the house going in for her spay tomorrow at Barnum Animal Hospital a long with Bonnie or Snow White. I'm undecided. Truffles of "Fudge and Truffles" passed away this weekend. It is a horrible, horrible thing that we have no rabbit vets available to us on the weekends, no emergency clinics in our area to help. It pains me (as well as others) greatly. Espresso was adopted yesterday to be bonded to Fudge. I have Cinnamon the "Stasis Monster" and Hallie here trying to do a bond. I'm at work all day as the kids have a 2 hour snow delay (no snow, just a bit of slush) and Ben isn't feeling well today.
Last week a bunny was found in the road near Costco in Norwalk, it's foot was separated from the leg. South Wilton did an amazing surgery and he's bandaged up at my house. He'll be going in once a week for a check up. He's on Baytril and Metacam BID and Penicillin injections every 4 days. Say a prayer for his healing up well. Thank you South Wilton Veterinary Group for once again saving a leg for us!
Toby (pictured above) stayed with Linda over Christmas vacation and will be coming back for a girlfriend! Lucky little Toby!
Happenings this week.... We took in the little broken leg bunny, we took in a little lop that was found in Stamford, Joy came in after being in foster for about 3-4 months, and Dylan got neutered and is ready to go to a new home. He is AMAZING! We made a little over $30 at Petco this week which wasn't much - but we got to talk to a bunch of people! Oh, and Petco (and Nutro-Max) donated a pallet of Cat Food! We are distributing it around to different rescue groups. We have a couple of male dwarf hamsters that are beautiful and sweet that we took in that are ready to go to new homes. Linda is getting over her cold (yeah!), and I have grown out of yet another pair of my jeans and I'm only in my 4th month! Ok, more later as I let my brain work. Hallie is climbing up me right now either trying to help me type, or trying to get me off the computer...

No comments: