10.23.2007

Baba's Passing

Darling, sweet, gentle little man. Yesterday at 4:30 after having cancer surgery in August and battling to continue on ever since, Baba Bunny was put to sleep. He tried his hardest to be the best bunny he could, to pull through for those who loved him. He attempted to use the butt-cart and to keep himself cleaned without the use of his hind legs. Baba was tired, but a trooper straight to the end. Yesterday morning it was believed that Mucoid Indonitis was beginning, which would mean hemorrhaging would come next. His appetite was nil yesterday. He was done. My friend Deb and myself sat outside for 3 hours in the grass and sunshine with Baba so he could be out in the world one last time. I always feel closer to God outside in the Fall. The Farlekes Family is away, and after receiving their permission, I, along with Ben, the 10 year old I nanny for who offered to come with me (very compassionate) went in with Baba and held him as he went peacefully to sleep. He will be very missed. My condolences to the Farlekes Family.

1 comment:

Hop A Long Hollow Rabbit Shelter said...

that sucks, poor little guy, that's the sweetest picture ever.