3.09.2008

Hollow Closes on Sundays, Charlie & Daisy, Chins and Gerbils

As of today, we are closing the Hollow on Sunday's for Family Reasons (we need to spend time with our families!) from here on out. All adoptions and the intake of donations will have to be done Monday-Saturday. The Hollow will only be open to the volunteers cleaning that day. We will post online a list of emergency vets to be reached in all areas that we can find.
I didn't sleep too well last night as Chris was away. I had a series of unfortunate events involving my dogs, a cat and my birds this morning that left me wanting to re-home all my animals (except the rabbits and chins that never give me problems!) and lock my doors and close my curtains. I guess I was a little cranky and overwhelmed this morning (pregnancy hormones?) and very glad to get out of the house and drive a bit. Charlie and Daisy are bonded and wonderful and going back home today or tomorrow. I think Asher and Celeste are doing great and hope that when they go home they will remain in the snuggle fest they have been in for the past 2 days. I took in 2 beautiful Chinchilla's today named Peaches and Vanilla and think we already have a home lined up for them with a girl that sounds like she'll be perfect! The owners dropped off so many items with them I was astonished. The gerbils that were here in Stratford left today. Linus, Cocoa and Penny came to stay with me today, and hopefully we can have a successful triple bonding with them by the end of the week! Venus came back to us, and we have a new black and white dutch bunny Benny that has just joined us from Cottontail Rabbit Rescue. Mystery is doing so much better, eyes are clearing up too! Annabelle is coming down to her last week on fluids and is now off her Baytril but still on her Phenbendazole.
Newly Bonded Buns!
Daisy and Charlie

Parsley takes the dog bed while Major takes the floor! Parsley is a wonderful and perfectly potty trained bunny that is residing with us again and looking for a free-range home. She is only baby gated in the kitchen at night when we aren't home and hasn't lived in a cage for 1 year.


No comments: