6.24.2007

Updates from Linda...

Once again a busy week. Sunny the Bronx Zoo Bunny and Butterscotch the single bunny belonging to the lady who is dying of cancer both found loving homes this week. I was finally able to remove the Elizabethan collar from Tuckers today and he is no longer tearing at his stitches. He managed to remove 4 sets of stitches in 4 weeks and I had given up hopes of ever getting the collar off him! He has worn the collar for three weeks now and has been very unhappy the entire time. Michelle Malones bunny, Jingles, had a horrible accident where he managed somehow to quite literally neuter himself on a sharp edge of a baby gate that he chewed his way thorough. I picked him up in Fairfield on Friday with his testicles and part of his intestine quite literally hanging out of his body and we all thought there was no hope. I am so happy to say that 3 days later he is back here with me, all sewn up and seemingly quite happy! Dr Cronin did a wonderful job putting him back together and now we just have to hope that the antibiotics are strong enough to prevent peritonitis. So far so good and Jingles appears happy and well on his way to being healthy again! A lady in Bridgeport rescued a bunny in a park and called us desperate for help. She had been feeding him oranges so we took him in fast! She dropped the poor bunny off at Brandee's only for us to discover that he has head tilt. So Brandee now has three head tilt bunnies in her care, it's off to Dr. Pieper Monday. Cinnamon2 must need a tooth trim as he is once again in stasis. I started him on treatment and will get him to the vets on Monday to get those teeth looked at. Carmie is breathing heavier and I suspect that his time with us may be ending soon. He has a large either abscess or tumor pressing against his trachea. I am watching him closely and I'm afraid he may be going to the bridge very soon. I sure hope I'm wrong on that. Between Brandee and I it feels like we have a hospital. We have several bunnies returning to the Hollow for visits while their owners are on vacation. Brandee is taking in Marley and Phoebe and I have Momma Cookie returning with her companion bunny. I suspect Bryne is the only one who will remember Momma Cookie, she was adopted out in 2005, but if memory serves me correctly Cookie had the hollow's very first set of babies born to us. I can't wait to see her now two years later. Tinkerbelles owners contacted us to say how happy they are with Tinkerbell now known as Belle.

Last, the petters are in at PETCO Norwalk. I have hopes of getting a bunny into PETCO on Monday or Tuesday. Exciting!!!!

No comments: